Friday, July 2, 2010

Friendship

"Together forever, never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart." -Unknown

Have you ever had a friend that you felt you could go forever without seeing, yet you believe that everything will remain the same when you are reunited again? My best friend from New Jersey flew out today and is staying with us for a couple of weeks. We have been best friends since pre-school and even though we don't have the opportunity to talk on the phone every day, or see each other as frequently as we would like, we still are able to pick up right where we left off. I am so blessed to have such an amazing best friend like Megan and I am looking forward to her time here in California.

I am lucky to have a few best friends that I can count on to be there for me through thick and thin. I met Megan the very first day of pre-school and we decided from that moment on that we were cooler than the rest of our classmates; we have stuck together ever since. One of the coolest things about our friendship is that our mom's are also best friends. Megan has always been the one I go to for advice about boys, friends, school, and life in general. She is one of the most optimistic people I know and I really admire that. This is her third trip out to California and I know that it will definitely be one to remember.

On the agenda so far, we have a trip to San Francisco planned, as well as a lot of little day trips in between. I wish she was able to spend more time out here with us this summer, but we are going to make the most of it while we can. There are so many things to do in so little time! I really am grateful though for a best friend like Megan.

1 comment:

  1. yay! you posted again! She sounds great, I want to meet her! :]

    ReplyDelete